PDA

View Full Version : TPMS on 2014 corolla

corollaowner
07-28-2014, 02:41 PM
Hi I hope I'm not double posting or anything but I have a 2014 corolla LE and I had my OE TPMS sensors installed on an aftermarket set of wheels via a universal strap kit and my TPMS light is still on. Is there a certain place the sensors need to placed inside the wheels? Also do the have to angled and or pointed a certain way for the car to recognize them? Would I have to have the sensors relearned or reprogrammed or anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TPMSProAlbert
07-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Welcome. Well there may be a few issues that could cause the problem here. Strap mounting seems to be the least desirable way to add the sensors to a wheel as they can be very easily damaged during install. The sensors also should be mounted in the same orientation as they would sit on the OE wheel, (stem facing outward). If the shop did not put the same sensor back in the same position i.e. LF ,RF, RR, LR then a relearn must be done so the care will know where the sensors are located. Also with new wheels make sure your air pressure is set to the placard recommended.

corollaowner
07-28-2014, 09:20 PM
There's two different valve stem holes and there not angled so I had to use the strap I'm thinking I need a relearn also I didn't know that the sensors had to go back in the same position on the car. I didn't think it did since the tires need to be rotated every 5,000 miles didn't think they'd take time to switch the sensors or reprogram or relearn them.