PDA

View Full Version : Resetting OEM TPMS on 2005 Infiniti qx56?

langbest
08-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Bought 4 new OEM tpms at Discount Tires for my 2005 Infiniti qx56 because of corrosion on the old ones. Put a set of new tires recently and had the new sensors put in at the same time. Took the car to my Infiniti garage to have them reset the sensors. They'r scanning tool didn't pick up any signal? They said i should have bought the original TPMS from Infiniti! Discount tires guaranteed the TPMS would work on my Infiniti and said it was plug&play. What to do? any advise.....

TPMSProAlbert
08-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Your QX had 2 different part numbers available depending on steel or alloy wheels, 40700-CK002 steel or #40700-CK001 alloy so maybe they got the wrong ones.

confactor
09-11-2013, 03:17 PM
Bought 4 new OEM tpms at Discount Tires for my 2005 Infiniti qx56 because of corrosion on the old ones. Put a set of new tires recently and had the new sensors put in at the same time. Took the car to my Infiniti garage to have them reset the sensors. They'r scanning tool didn't pick up any signal? They said i should have bought the original TPMS from Infiniti! Discount tires guaranteed the TPMS would work on my Infiniti and said it was plug&play. What to do? any advise.....

nissan/infiniti sensors are never plug and play and always require registration/ ID writing

TPMSProAlbert
09-11-2013, 04:03 PM
Scan tools are almost always required on JDM vehicles