I'm new to the forum and joined to get some thoughts on issues we've had with our 2009 Murano TPMS system. Here is the background:

Tires replaced in September and during replacement dealer broke one of the TPMS sensors. They replaced it with what I assume was a universal sensor since it was a GM dealer and the valve stem is a bit longer than all the others. Within a day of picking it up, our TPMS light started flashing so we took it back and the dealer attemped to re-program the sensors but couldn't get it to re-program and needed a new tool to fix it. They called a few days later after they got the correct tool, we brought the vehicle back and they fixed it.

The car was fine for about 6 weeks, but then one very cold day the light started flashing again on the way home. We took it back and the dealer re-programmed the sensors again and said if it did it again, we should take it to the Nissan dealer as there were some "wierd" codes coming up they didn't understand.

About a week later (again on a very cold day) the light came back on again. Rather than taking it to the Nissan dealer that is quite a distance away, I figured I'd see what I could figure out on it since I'm normally a pretty handy person. Did some research and found that there was a way to get the trouble codes, without any tools by grounding the white TPMS wire under the dash. The code that came up was #46 that according to a 2006 service manual, it is the transmitter battery voltage low in the right front wheel. Note that the sensor that was replaced with a universal is the right rear wheel.

My questions are this:

1) Can anyone confirm that the code #46 is the same for a 2009 Murano as indicated in the 2006 manual?

2) It seems odd that this problem started after the replacement sensor was put in in the right rear wheel. Do you think there is any correlation between that universal sensor being in the right rear wheel and the low voltage error in the right front wheel?

3) The cold weather would reduce the voltage on a battery slightly - so this seems to add up with the code. Do you agree?

Thanks for reviewing!