Thread: Resetting TPMS Low Pressure Indicator For 2009 VW Jetta

Aufgeblassen

Resetting TPMS Low Pressure Indicator For 2009 VW Jetta

Bought 4 brand new tires. Tire shop was unable to rest low pressure indicator. Called VW dealer. They said I "might" have a reset button in glove compartment. Well I don't.

Found this procedure here:

To reset the TPMS after a wheel or pressure change:

1. Set the tire pressure of all wheels to the specified pressure.

2. With the parking brake applied, allow the vehicle to stand for 20 minutes so that the control module enters the learning mode. NOTE: An acceleration data check also occurs with vehicle speed. This process takes about seven minutes.

3. Drive the vehicle at 16 mph or more. As soon as the vehicle reaches this speed, tire pressure sensor IDs are automatically recognized and read by the control module.

My questions are:

1. By parking brake, do they mean emergency hand brake?

2. Should my ignition key be ON during the 20 minute wait time?

Thanks!!!

tpms tech
    To answer your questions, the parking brake they are referring to is the emergency hand brake. And your car should be shut off completely for 20 minute wait period.

Aufgeblassen
    Quote Originally Posted by tpms tech View Post
    To answer your questions, the parking brake they are referring to is the emergency hand brake. And your car should be shut off completely for 20 minute wait period.
    Well I tried the procedure, but it did not reset.

Aufgeblassen
    Quote Originally Posted by tpms tech View Post
    I tried the procedure, it didn't work. I even brought car back to tire shop, and they checked each individual tire sensor, and they all read fine, yet car won't let it reset.

TPMSProAlbert
    I had a Jetta MK5 that the reset was done through the dash computer menu. If not you may also try disconnecting the battery for a bit to reset the entire car. All else fails take it to VW and have the system flashed.