Thread: 07 nissan quest light solid

tripletdad07

07 nissan quest light solid

I bought a used 07 nissan quest se loaded and the tpms light is on solid. When turning on the ignition it never flashes at all. Stays solid consistatly. On the navigation screen it shows ** for all 4 tire pressures.
    assuming the sensors needed programed I bought a cub pro 101 learning tool. I put the vehicle in learn mode and got a horn honk to confirm , I put the cub tool next to the DS front tire and got the psi reading of 38. Supposedly the horn honks to confirm it has been learned. I did not get the honk. Moving on to the next tire, I could not get a reading.. the same for the passenger rear. I jumped the tpms branch by grounding it to the body to get a fault code, the tpms light consist ly flashed. I repeated the above process. I can only get a reading with my cub tool from the drivers side tires about 3 out of 8 tries.
    My navigation screen still shows ** for all tires. I have a hard time believing the sensors are bad (or at least 2 of them) since I show a reading on my tool.
    I am at a loss, please help.
    I have no idea, I called my local pep boys and they indicated it could be the module that transmits the data or it could be bad sensors but he doesn't thing so.

TPMSProAlbert
    Sounds like the car may need a relearn. Maybe during a tire rotation the locations of the sensors were moved. A relearn will require a tool with OBD access to program the new sensor locations. The Cub is only good as a trigger tool so you may want to call around to some of the larger tire shops to see who has one.