View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: POLL: What TPMS Tool are you using?

Bartec USA
    Lot's of new members lately - doing a LOT of TALKING. How about a real challenge? Car for car, tool for tool - let's get away from opinions and look at how the tools REALLY stack up. The Tech500 is on the shelf and ready to roll, let's do this....

Bartec USA
    "Comparison at SEMA"

To be fair, a color screen in a booth looks cool...but let's go fix cars and see which tool is more robust, faster, more accurate and has more coverage....and if EZ, Cub, Alligator, Orange, Huff or Redi is your sensor brand...not to worry, the Tech500 is the ONLY one that covers them all [fact].

Robmastertech8207
    Glad I found this place .. I've been doing this a long time .. been using and comparing tools with me fellow techs for years .. what else are they good for if you keep your mouth shut and listen.. ya learn chit .. scan tools are one thing.. but dedicated TPMS tools are another .. dorman (joke) Autel (snicker) smp (laughable) Ateq ( a step up) .. snap on (retarded Ateq .. as another member put it.. ) but what.. look at that stupid cord .. how long is that gonna last .. I use and try not to abuse my stuff .. but chit breaks .. color screen or no.. still has that stupid cheap cord and ya can't see color screens in bright lights anyway so whats the point .. Bartec hands down.. sorry.. Its fast.. its accurate .. has relearns built in .. my D tech's can use it.. I don't want them turds touching my Solus.. has OBDII relearns for Ford, Chevy and more and it clears DTC's .. had the 400 and just upgraded to the 500 and just did my first Mitsubishi .. be damn if I'll send work down the road .. I want one TPMS tool to do it all .. !! welp my 2 cents .. hope ya don't waste your money on jokes like I did at first ..

Doc Inzo
    I have used most of all the tools out there, and what it comes down to is the same old thing, "you get what you pay for". Ateq works ok, but the Bartec tools are by far the better choice for diagnosing and repairing a TPM system. The Ateq tool will likely accept any sensor you put in front of it, right or wrong; if you happen to read the wrong sensor, the Bartec tool will give you either a question mark or an X, stating that it's either close or completely not the correct sensor for the selected application. Ateq and some of the other tools do not work on every vehicle they say they do, or give false results, where as my Bartec tool doesn't.

I would like to see more DTC reading / clearing, but over all, I'm a Bartec fan. 400SD.

TKiz
    Bartec is a better tool. And tech support is spot on. Sorry, but I won't waste my time with anything else.

Bartec USA
    Kevin and Willie B talk about the Tech500

http://twoguysgarage.com/?p=8132

TPMS_Topgun
    Quote Originally Posted by minimac View Post
    This is really an unfair comparison. You should compare the ATEQ VT56 with Bartec's new Tech500.
    Now, I have made the comparison myself at SEMA and the VT56 is in a league of its own.
    Again, I have no idea how much it cost compare to Bartec's.
    I was not aware I could get a VT56 yet? Would really like to see them run side-by-side in actual scenarios.

DruryTiresNZ
    Quote Originally Posted by TPMS_Topgun View Post
    I was not aware I could get a VT56 yet? Would really like to see them run side-by-side in actual scenarios.
    As someone who is about to buy a first TPMS diagnostic tool, has anyone tried both VT55 and VT56 and is qualified to comment on the differences, improvements, let downs etc... between them??

TPMSProAlbert
    Keep voting!!!

TPMSProAlbert
    Looks like a close race between Bartec and Ateq...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast