Thread: Jeep Grand Cherokee low spare pressure wont go away!!!

tsumpter

Jeep Grand Cherokee low spare pressure wont go away!!!

Hello, I have a 2005 Grand Cherokee CRD LTD with a "low spare pressure" warning that will not go away!!!

1. Checked spare, pressure is fine
    2. Swapped the spare onto the car which picked it up and gave me a pressure read out correctly, still low spare warning
    3. Left the spare at home and went driving, still have the warning

Dealer is trying to make me buy a new sensor but i know there is nothing wrong with it as per the above and they said they can't reset it or anything and keep telling me it will go away after a few drive cycles which it wont!!! Its been 3 months now!

How do I get rid of it? It was only a mild annoyance but now it is starting to irritate me!

Thanks!

TPMSProAlbert
    Hello and welcome,

On the 05 Grand Cherokee it should be an auto relearn system, so by swapping the wheels and then driving for 20 mins it should relearn the sensor in the new position.

If after that it was still reading low in the "spare" position it may be an issue on the vehicle side. I would also make sure all the tires are inflated to exactly match the door placard before you begin the relearn process. I'm not 100% sure if the placard lists the spare pressure but you may want to check the owners manual to see if there is a recommended.

Thanks
    Albert