Thread: Ferrari 575 TPMS reset

Fabio87

Ferrari 575 TPMS reset

I am trying to reset my TPMS in my 575. I found this post:

The first thing you need to do is ensure all tire pressures are set correctly. After you are sure the tire pressures are correct, perform a tire calibration using the pushbutton on the lower left hand side of the instrument panel/dashboard. Turn the ignition to on, but do not start the engine. Depress the pushbutton for five seconds and a CAL light will come on. Once the engine is started, the light will go out. Drive the car for 20 minutes or so and the TPMS will calibrate itself. If this does not fix the problem, one of your options is to have a technician disable the system using an SD2/3. If this is done, the TPMS warning lamp will come on briefly after start and then go out. If you want to actually fix the system, read the bit below I excerpted from an extensive thread in the technical forum.

Here is what I have learned about early Ferrari TPMS systems for 575M/SA and early f430 cars. First, US/Canadian TPMS sensors are 315 Mhz to avoid interfering with the 433 Mhz alarm remotes on US/Canadian cars. I made the $400 mistake of ordering orange 433 Mhz Beru RDE 001 sensors, which are for European cars. You actually need RDE 004 sensors, which are dark gray (Gen 1) or dark brown (G5n 1.5) and 315 Mhz.

Summary:

433 Mhz (Euro), Beru Gen 1 RDE 001 Light Gray, Beru Gen 1.5 RDE 001 Orange
    315 Mhz (US/Cdn), Beru Gen 1 RDE 004 Dark Gray, Beru Gen 1.5 RDE 004 Dark Brown

The Gen 1 sensors seem to last about 5 years on Ferraris and the Gen 1.5 about 8 years. So if replacing sensors, try and find Gen 1.5s.

Ferraris use 43 mm valve stems, the same size as most Mercedes cars.

TPMS sensors can be set up one of two ways, 1) a technician can set them up using an SD-2/3, which does not require the car to be driven or 2) the tire pressure calibration button (or similar name) can be depressed in the "on" ignition position for five seconds before starting and the system will calibrate itself after a 20 minute or so drive. You will see a CAL or similar indication after depressing the button for five seconds. Note your Ferrari technician can tell how much battery life remains on each TPMS sensor using the SD2/3. He can also set the TPMS ECU to a different tire type if you change to a tire that requires different tire pressures than those originally fitted.

If you are receiving a TPMS warning light and want to see if it is just TPMS sensors, try adding an additional 5 psi of tire pressure and do a calibration and see if the lights go out. If they do, all you need is TPMS sensors. If they do not, drive the car for 10-20 minutes to warm the tires and raise tire pressures further, stop and turn off the ignition and use your calibration switch one more time and see if the system will calibrate. If the lights go out with the higher tire pressures from heating, all you need are new TPMS sensors. You will lose this calibration once the car cools down, of course. The higher tire pressures make it easier for the TPMS sensors to read and transmit a pressure. If neither attempt results in a calibration, see your technician for further analysis.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/456...calibrate.html

but still cannot get reset? What should I try?

TPMS Guru
    What year is your car and where are you located?