2010 599 HGTE
    2009 599 HGTE
    2009 599 GTB Fiorano
    2008 599 HGTE
    2008 599 GTB Fiorano
    2007 599 HGTE
    2007 599 GTB Fiorano

Dan Kyle
    On a 2010 599 GTB, I have installed New Beru RDE001 sensors.

I cannot get the car to Calibrate them. Following the Owner Manual procedures of pushing the button, and driving up to 20 Minutes.

Are there steps that are needed prior to the Car being able to calibrate them?

Such as:

I see that a minimum of 25 PSI is required, Is that correct or is a one time higher pressure require to turn them on? If so what is that pressure and for how long?

Do I need a sensor tool to Calibrate them or turn them on, First before the car can "see" them?

Thanks for your help

Dan

TPMBill
    Hey Dan,

I would expect the minimum psi should be at least 30-32. Also when you say you installed the BERU RDE001's were they labeled as BERU or as Huf?

Dan Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by TPMBill View Post
    Hey Dan,

I would expect the minimum psi should be at least 30-32. Also when you say you installed the BERU RDE001's were they labeled as BERU or as Huf?
    I did have the pressure at the Owners manual recommendations

I believe the Rear was 30 PSI and I think the front 31PSI Certainly right around there

Here was the disc. Huf Beru RDE001 433MHz TPMS Tire Pressure Monitoring Sensor for 2006-2008 Porsche Boxster [ASIN: B009POPAT8]

Thanks

Dan

TPMBill
    Yeah that should be OK then, I believe they need a min of 30psi to activate and the driving time should be plenty for them to relearn. Have you also removed the old set from around the vehicle or where it is stored?

Dan Kyle
    Quote Originally Posted by TPMBill View Post
    Yeah that should be OK then, I believe they need a min of 30psi to activate and the driving time should be plenty for them to relearn. Have you also removed the old set from around the vehicle or where it is stored?
    Thanks

I tried putting 43 lbs in all four tires, and left it parked that way for 6 hours, to make sure the TPMS were activated.

There was no old set as I put on a second set of wheels that did not have any TPMS in them.

The wheels I received with the car also did not Have TPMS as the first owner changed to aftermarket wheels which were taken off before I received it. So I do not have any old TPMS sensors anywhere.

I have driven it a number of times, different speeds distances.

I can press the "Calibrate" switch located in the roof, and the green calibrate image comes on in the "dash", it usually goes to the "TPMS failure" in less than a minute.

so with these TPMS I di not need any sort of tool, to:

1 Activate them
    2 Calibrate them
    3 Assign wheel positions

Thanks again for the help,
    Dan

TPMBill
    The Huf sensors do not require any tools and locate on their own 100%, I may have found the clue you need, Ive found very commonly with BMW, who uses the same style of sensors, when owners drive the vehicle without a set for an extended period of time the cars system locks out the TPMS feature. With those vehicles the entire system needs to be reset. Sometimes this can be done by disconnecting the battery for about 15 min's and the car will do a complete restart. I'm not sure with Ferrari though if there are any other issues with ECU or other systems but I would assume it would not be a problem.