Thread: Mazda 5 TPMS Reset Procedure

TPMS Help

Mazda 5 TPMS Reset Procedure

Relearn Code: MAZ-1

Relearn Procedures:

1. Inflate all tires to pressure indicated on tire placard.
    2. Turn ignition to ON, then to OFF.
    3. Wait 15 minutes.
    4. Drive vehicle above 12mph for several minutes.
    5. Sensor IDs will then register.

Kaimynas33
    Hello everyone, sorry for my bad english, I drive a 2007 Mazda5.I wanted to turn on the original TPMS, but failed. Module and sensors were programmed IDS dealer program. Instrument cluster warning light does not show. When connected via OBD, seeing a variety of programs and shows streamed sensors and their pressure and temperature. When turning instrument cluster in test mode, a warning light is working. Could you suggest a solution?

TPMSProAlbert
    Hello,

Let me get some more info.

-What kind of tool were they using?
    -Are the sensors OE?
    -Did you drive the vehicle?

Thanks
    Albert

Kaimynas33
    Hello,
    Programmed sensors with IDS-VCM
    I used programs ScanXL PRO with ELM 327 adapter, ForScan with ford IDS-VCM mini
    OEM sensors, this is one
    Yes I use the car every day, I tried to let the air out from the tires, but the warning light isn't on.

Kaimynas33
    Hello, as I wrote some time ago, but my post did not moderated and will not appear. Ask another question, maybe someone knows how to initiate a TPMS system for Mazda5 2007 cars.

TPMS Guru
    This reset procedure should reset your system. Is the TPMS light solid or blinking?

Kaimynas33
    Warning light does not indicate, how instrument cluster does not understand the TPMS module. I wanted to activate the TPMS system, because I think it provides more safety on the road. But something did not make it to work, even our dealers do not know how to do it.

TPMS Guru
    Sorry, maybe I misunderstood the question. It sounds like your car did not come with the TPMS system active and you are trying to activate it? If this is correct, the car's ECU may not be equipped with the function. This would be something you would have to talk to Mazda about directly. I do not think the dealer could help you in this one. You could also try running an aftermarket TPMS system that runs independent of the vehicle. Here is a link to an example: http://www.tpms.com/SCH_BRK_4C_20256_p/sch-brk-4c.htm

Kaimynas33
    I think that that is necessary to activate the system only in instrument cluster. Because Mazda catalog does not emit ECU or PCM or BCM, with or without TPMS. Only electic diagram shows the instrument cluster, with or without TPMS

But as I mentioned earlier, when turning instrument cluster in test mode, a warning light is on