Thread: resetting 300C

Clark89

resetting 300C

I'm having trouble reseting the tpms on my chrysler. Is there a procedure to go through or do I have the wrong sensors? It's a 2009. Thanks!

the tpms guy
    Are you trying to do this yourself or did you take your vehicle in to a reputable shop?

Darkwing
    Same issue, just swapped over to snows, Les Schwab had to "by law" install sensors. Been through two different P/Ns, still no joy.

Particulars:
    2011 300C
    Drove the car for 20 minutes +, watched TPMS panel the whole time. No joy. Stopped and pulled the TPMS fuse ( #25 in the trunk), car was off. Reinstalled fuse, jumped in and drove for another 20 +. The indicator light flashed for about five minutes then went steady. Took it back to Swabbies, they installed another PN. Haven't had time to run the gaunltet again, but I did drive around for about ten minutes without stopping. Again, indicator light flashed for about 5 minutes. Display just reads bars.

I'd prefer not to keep taking hour long jaunts just to see if I can get the damn things to work. Any clues? The shop doesn't seem to have any.

Thanks much!

Darkwing
    Wife says the light went out today. Good news. It would be nice if there was some sort of indication while it was learning letting you know something is happening...

Hopefully problem solved. Just needed a little patience. Cars are getting more and more like women every day...

KenTheTPMSMan
    Did Schwab happen to give you the part number that they had used? I would assume that they ran through the relearn process with the new set and didn't just send you out. the car must be "setup " to accept the new parts serial numbers and locations.

Darkwing
    They didn't, but I could pick them from a list. First PN had four digits, started with a 4, maybe 4508? Second PN had more digits. 480715N or something.

They played with the first set for a while, came back in, talked amongst themselves, went back out, looked around on the web, yada, yada. Second set went pretty quick, said he got everything to initiate, no worries.